KHW3 KOCHEK SMALL HOSE WASHER
Permits washing of fire hose without the labor of brushing the hose.
Two cone shaped pressure jets wash the hose twice during each application. The impact of the pressure jets from two annular gaps pulls the hose through the washer (some hand guidance may be needed).
The water flow gaps are set at the factory if more or less is needed use provided allen wrenches to adjust. The small allen screw increases/decreases water flow while the larger allen screws lock the position.
The washer also comes with a water inlet screen to prevent impurities from entering the washer.
- The washer can be used up to 3” diameter hose.
- The hose washer operates best at 100 PSI.
- Use on a flat, clean surface only.
- Connect a 2 ½” hose the inlet of the hose washer. Slowly open the water supply to the connected hose line and begin flowing water to the appliance increase pressure slowly.
- Pass the hose through the washer orifice into the washer, the pressure of the water jets will aid in pulling the hose line through the washer.
- Slowly guide the hose through the washer to fully rinse dirt and debris from the hose repeat process as necessary.
Five factory year warranty
Helps keep your hose clean & vibrant.
We offer many different types of thread choices to accommodate our customers throughout the USA. We maintain a card file in our office with thread types used by various cities throughout the USA.
Our standard threads are NST (NH). NSPH, can also be supplied for no additional charge. FDNY (New York City FD ) and NYCORP (New York Corporation) is available for an additional charge. If your thread type is not shown below please give us call to discuss your requirements.
- National Standard Thread (NST), also known as National Hose thread (NH). It is the most common type of fire hose coupling used in the United States.
- National Pipe Straight Hose (NPSH), also known as Iron Pipe Thread (IPT). It has the same TPI as NPT but the thread does not taper. NPSH is a straight thread and seals by a gasket in the female coupling which allows for a swivel, just like NH/NST, which make both ideal for hose couplings.
- New York City Fire Dept (NYFD), also known as as (FDNY) is a special thread type utilized by the New York City Fire Department.
- New York Corporation (NYCORP), also known as (NYC), (New York Corp), is a special thread type used by a few fire departments.
We also offer custom laser engraving of your adapters for an additional charge. If you require this option please select that option and type in the box the name or initials you want laser engraved. We are limited by the size of your adapter.
Delivery times are variable by the thread type you select. NST threads can usually ship quicker. If you require this item in a rush, please give us a call and we will be most happy to contact our factory for a current lead time.
We are Kochek specialists. We deal with various threads on a daily basis. Our goal is to help you order the correct item the first time. However, many items are made to order. Unfortunately, they are not subject to cancelation or return once your order has been submitted. Please give us a call before ordering if you are uncertain of your thread types, finishes, sizes, colors, or have any other questions.
Fire Hose Washer
- Brand: Kochek
- Model: KHW3
Delivery/Shipping Availability: Item ships directly from manufacturer. Approximate delivery in 3-5 weeks.