STORZ TO STORZ ADAPTER
Comes in handy at mutual aid calls, to connect two different size hoses.
The most common size is 4” x 5”, which can be used to connect a 4” Storz to a 5” Storz LDH.
It is fabricated from extruded 6061-T6 lightweight aluminum with your choice of coatings shown below.
Stainless steel locks on Storz with springs to prevent unintentional disconnect.
- Storz is a type of hose coupling invented by Carl August Guido Storz in 1882 that connects using interlocking hooks and flanges. It is sometimes referred to as a sexless coupling because rather than having a male and a female end connected by screw threads, either identical end can be joined to any other end of the same diameter. The main benefit to using Storz couplings is the speed of hose connection, as a hose can be locked with a quarter-turn
Kochek’s standard adapters are furnished in Hard Coat Anodized Aluminum. Hard Coat is a high-quality, durable finish that is most often specified by manufacturing engineers. They exhibit the following qualities.
- Meets mil spec 8625 Type III class 1
- 2mil thickness which gives an excellent abrasion and corrosion resistance that has a Rockwell C rating of 65-70 and meets ASTM B117 specification of 336+ hours of salt spray resistance.
Note: Also available are Clear and Orange anodized. They are a high-quality, durable finish that provides excellent corrosion resistance and meets the ASTM B117 specification of 336+ hours of salt spray resistance and has a Rockwell C rating of 60-65.
We also offer these adapters in Kochek’s Powder Coat Option
Powder coat is a polymer resin based dry finish that is a durable non-conductive coating to help inhibit electrolysis and is color consistent to a delta of 0.5 and available in many vivid colors.
Also offered are the following additional choices:
- K-Brite (polished aluminum, no coating)
- K-Chrome (chrome plated aluminum), please call for pricing.
We also offer custom laser engraving of your adapters for an additional charge. If you require this option, please select that option and type in the box the name or initials you want laser engraved. The size of your adapter limits us.
Delivery times are variable by the size and color you select. There is no definitive answer, but standard hard coat (Natural Grey or Black), in 4” x 5” can usually ship quickly. Other options can add several weeks to lead times. If you require any adapter in a rush, please give us a call, and we will be most happy to contact our factory for a current lead time.
We are adapter specialists. We deal with various threads and finishes daily. Our goal is to help you order the correct adapter the first time. However, many adapters are made to order. Unfortunately, they are not subject to cancelation or return once your order has been submitted. Please give us a call before ordering if you are uncertain of your thread types, finishes, sizes, colors, or have any other questions.
S60S Storz to Storz Adapter
- Brand: Kochek
- Model: S60S
Price based on selected options.
Delivery/Shipping Availability: Item ships directly from manufacturer. Approximate delivery in 2-3 weeks.