STORZ ALUMINUM CAP WITH CHAIN
They are used to protect the connection from damage or debris.
It is fabricated from extruded 6061-T6 lightweight aluminum with your choice of coatings shown below.
Optional petcock can be ordered with your cap and installed at the factory. Useful to drain water or release pressure.
Optional Storz Lock may be ordered, but if the item you are installing the cap to already has a lock it is not necessary.
- Storz is a type of hose coupling invented by Carl August Guido Storz in 1882 that connects using interlocking hooks and flanges. It is sometimes referred to as a sexless coupling because rather than having a male and a female end connected by screw threads, either identical end can be joined to any other end of the same diameter. The main benefit to using Storz couplings is the speed of hose connection, as a hose can be locked with a quarter-turn
Kochek’s standard adapters are furnished in Hard Coat Anodized Aluminum. Hard Coat is a high-quality, durable finish that is most often specified by manufacturing engineers. They exhibit the following qualities.
- Meets mil spec 8625 Type III class 1
- 2mil thickness which gives an excellent abrasion and corrosion resistance that has a Rockwell C rating of 65-70 and meets ASTM B117 specification of 336+ hours of salt spray resistance.
Note: Also available are Clear and Orange anodized. They are a high-quality, durable finish that provides excellent corrosion resistance and meets the ASTM B117 specification of 336+ hours of salt spray resistance and has a Rockwell C rating of 60-65.
We also offer these adapters in Kochek’s Powder Coat Option
Powder coat is a polymer resin based dry finish that is a durable non-conductive coating to help inhibit electrolysis and is color consistent to a delta of 0.5 and available in many vivid colors.
Also offered are the following additional choices:
- K-Brite (polished aluminum, no coating)
- K-Chrome (chrome plated aluminum), please call for pricing
We also offer custom laser engraving of your adapters for an additional charge. If you require this option, please select that option and type in the box the name or initials you want laser engraved. The size of your adapter limits us.
Delivery times are variable by the size, and you select. There is no definitive answer, but standard hard coat (Natural Grey or Black), in stock sizes, can usually ship quickly. Other options can add several weeks to lead times. If you require any adapter in a rush, please give us a call, and we will be most happy to contact our factory for a current lead time.
Our CROKER division is one of the largest suppliers in the USA of cast brass plugs. We stock many pin lug and rocker lug caps in various sizes and threads. We are significant suppliers to the standpipe industry and as such, stock many different threads. Do you need FDNY, Phoenix AZ, Louisville KY, Dayton OH, Raleigh NC, Chicago IL, Detroit IL, (to name a few)? We probably have your adapter in stock. We stock thousands of brass adapters in various sizes and various threads. If you need a brass adapter in a hurry, please give us a call.
We are adapter specialists. We deal with various threads and finishes daily. Our goal is to help you order the correct adapter the first time. However, many adapters are made to order. Unfortunately, they are not subject to cancelation or return once your order has been submitted. Please give us a call before ordering if you are uncertain of your thread types, finishes, sizes, colors, or have any other questions.
Storz Aluminum Cap with Chain
- Brand: Kochek
Price based on selected options.